Sunday 16 June 2013

Why

24 May 2008

Why reviews ?
Well, it's a hobby. It may promote the things I like, and if the things I like are supported, they may last longer.

Come on, no one reads this, and your reviews can't promote if they are always after the fact.
You got me, at least it's a reminder of what I've seen - this old brain is running out of disk space -. Also have some prosopagnosia and remember comic's jokes before their faces, so this record keeps track of things.

Why so many shows ?
Got to fill in the time while your waiting for your number to be called

You're an idiot, how much money do you throw into entertainment ?
Yeah, should've of bought a decent car instead.

Why are you anonymous ?
I don't understand why so many people want to talk to me, I'm not famous, and I'm not interesting. I actually find it kinda uncomfortable, and would just like to be one of the crowd. As an example, Jane Simmons(Impro) walks past me in the Enmore theatre and nearly jumps out of her skin. It was uncomfortable, and was like I was an EX, even though I don't even know her. Wil Anderson did the same thing. I've had female musicians talk to me from the stage while performing, I would find it flattering if I didn't find it uncomfortable. Sorry to those comics, Peter Miesel, Darkside, if I don't say Hi when I walk past, I'm the problem, not you.

Have you meet anyone famous ?
No, I like what people do, but I prefer not to know too much about them in case I get disappointed. An example was iOTA, I like iOTA and made the mistake of going to his website where there was a post on him being gay. Everyone knew it, but was unsure, and after it was confirmed it made him seem like an ordinary bloke. I think most people look up to performers because they give the impression they are better than us, like someone that advances the human condition, and when it's confirmed they are ordinary people, they seem less special. Even iOTA's name change conjures up a sense of something special, and it's the illusion that we like.
Another example was KISS, a magazine ran a pole to see if the fans wanted to see KISS unmasked - they had photos -. The fans voted against it, as they realised it was the stage show they liked, not reality. Even Paul Stanley said "We are so ugly the fans would be disappointed" and he was right. So the make-up goes back on, the way we like it.

Do you believe the stories comics write for the stage ?
Not really, a good comic will structure the stories for maximum effect - most laughs -. The stories could be true or not, even though most are probably based on truth because that's the easiest way to get material. An example: A cheap laugh for female comics is the "I can't get a boyfriend" routine, and then really harp on it. But soon they realise the audience starts believing it's true and they get harassed after a gig, so they tone it down or cut it out totally. Remember is only a show

Can you change the world ?
I though if I support live music it would survive, what a pipe dream, not one band I supported is still around today. There is one constant in the universe, and that is "things change". Live in the moment, and enjoy it while you can

Do these reviews mean anything ?
Not really. I've seen a lot of comedy and get pretty jaded hearing the same jokes again and again, so what might be mild to me, may be hilarious for a first timer. This is the reason I have 2 scores, so that that into account with these reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.